Fort Reno Summer Concert Series Is Now Accepting Submissions
Good news: Fort Reno’s summer concert series is now accepting submissions, but there’s one thing-the event hasn’t been confirmed yet.
Due to the fact that last year’s series was almost canceled for good, the future of Fort Reno remains uncertain at the moment. Despite this, the event’s head organizer, Amanda MacKaye, is still accepting submissions for this year’s potential event until Monday, March 30.
Here are the details via Fort Reno‘s website:
At long last! Nothing is confirmed yet about a concert series this summer at Fort Reno park but I wanted to go ahead and get the submission window open.
Demo packages will be accepted for consideration from Monday March 2nd until Monday March 30th. Late entries will not be considered for shows.
Please mail your submissions to:
Fort Reno Concert Series
2215 N. Culpeper St.
Arlington, VA 22207
Here are the submission guidelines:
- The Fort Reno summer concert series is not part of the music “industry”. Introduce your band and music in a way that is creatively comfortable for you and expresses who you are and why you want to play the big red stage.
- We don’t need press information or pictures (unless you want to draw something for the refrigerator gallery); lists of shows or bands you’ve played with.
- Include the URL for your web presence if you have that (its fine if you don’t), so there is no need to print out that material.
- Revel in the moment that you/your band can be more than a neat & tidy folder with papers in it. Just don’t forget to include your name and contact information.
- We still ask for physical music demos…cd, tape, vinyl. Homemade copies are perfectly acceptable, but please provide more than one song. We don’t book cover bands and ask that bands not play cover songs in their set. We don’t accept EPK’s.
- The concert series strives to encourage kids to start bands and participate rather than just watch and consume, so please tell us the ages of your band members. We are dedicated to supporting the music life of Washington, DC. Only artists from this area are eligible for consideration. Currently that is defined as within the Capital Beltway. All music styles are encouraged and welcome, however from year to year the aim of the series may change and that can drive selections.
If you have any questions, just ask.
-Amanda at fortreno dot com